Thursday, February 2, 2012

7 months married and still kickin'

7 months ago today, with butterflies in my stomach, I was prepping to marry my best friend.  Hair spray and bobby pins flying, make-up in the works, and family and friends every direction I turn--Man oh man, what a day that was leading up to my fairytale wedding evening.  I can't express the magnitude of help we had with our wedding.  For three days before the big day, my aunts, uncles, and cousins were working like they had a fire beneath their feet!  The boys were hauling chairs and tables, cutting trees, mowing, weed eating, and who knows what else!  The girls were making flower arrangements, decorating tables, cementing trees in buckets, and once again..who knows what else!  It was the most wonderful whirlwind a bride could imagine.  I know every girl says their wedding is special, but I am here to say, mine truly was! 

Family, family, family...there is my wedding in a nutshell!  Tanner and I were blessed to have two families that went ALL OUT to give us a dream wedding.  The reception was at Tanner's house down by the creek.  His dad cleared land, his mom perfected the landscape, they built a dock for the kids to play in the creek, and then decorated with color exploding everywhere on the tables.  I think there were at least 20 kids under the age of eight.  Mix kiddos with a creek in the summer and you have a party!  Water, fishing, paddle boats, canoes, fireworks...can you imagine a more exciting rehearsal dinner?

Then, there was the wedding.  Dad completely created our wedding venue, yes I am calling it a venue because by the time he finished, it looked better than any picture from a magazine.  He built a rock wall, planted tons of flowers, built a pergola for the hill, repainted the porch, and built a rock walk way.  All that, just in the front yard for the ceremony.   Then there was the backyard for the reception.  Whiskey barrel tables everywhere, tables full of beautiful centerpieces, and beautiful food and cakes.  I think Kyle even lost some major pounds with all his hardcore labor -Haha...Brother of the year!  Mom worked day and night to get the house looking great and it did!  Now at one point she had talked me into scrubbing a vent on the ceiling with a toothbrush...I guess it was the least I could do.  Right mom?! : )  Honestly, it is all still a blur.  Sometimes, I wish I could redo it all in slow motion!  The pictures of our wedding came out beautifully (Thanks, Mallory Berry!) but I am still not sure if they do the whole shindig justice! 

Now, for the actual marriage.  Most important part no doubt!  Let me just say, until I met Tanner, a piece of me was missing.  Our story is an interesting one that's for sure, but I wouldn't change a second of it.  From a spur of the moment road trip to Colorado in August that started it all, to an engagement that December, to a wedding in July.  I get tired just thinking about it all...yet smile at every perfect memory created the past year and a half.  When Tanner and I finally realized, what are we doing?  We are meant to be together!  Erin called it years ago she said. : )  I guess it just took us a few more summers at the cave to realize what we had!  Anyway, a whirlwind romance, a whirlwind wedding engagement and planning, and a summer wedding of my dreams.  Walking down that aisle with my dad's arm around my waist, I knew I was walking up "The Hill" as we all call it to the only guy I could ever picture myself marrying.  I cannot describe how much love we have for each other.  My only hope is that all marriages beam love like I feel that ours does. 

July 2, 2011 was only the beginning of the life we have started together.  It was a fairytale wedding come true.  I got my prince that day, with all our family and friends by our sides smiling, crying, and clapping.  What more could a girl ask for? 

The happy couple!

Something borrowed...our lucky buckeyes.

All of our Bell Boys, Flower Girls, and Helpers!

Perfect Wedding Party

Two great families...Blessed!

That is ALOT of Malletts!

And the Parsons' side!

Giving me away...

Could we smile more?

Reception time!

Yum!

A green candy buffet...it was a hit with the kiddos!

One of my favorites...Beautiful work dad.  Thank you to all who helped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment